On-Air Public Service Announcement Policy
Only tax-exempt 501(c) 3 organizations may
submit announcements for broadcast.
*** Do you have a nonprofit event in late December or early January you would like 90.1 FM WNAA to announce? Make sure to submit your PSA request by December 12. ***
- may be submitted to WNAA-FM up to eight weeks in advance, but a minimum of two weeks is required.
- must be in written or printed form, and may be submitted in person, by mail, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (NO FAXES)
- must include a contact person’s name and phone number or email address.
- will be edited for time and according to station policy
- may not include references to, or acknowledgements of, any commercial business.
- may be limited to one per 30 day period when the station has large numbers of PSA submissions.
WNAA makes no promise or guarantee to air all PSAs received. In addition, no specific number of times, or frequency of airing, is promised.
If your organization wants a definite schedule of broadcast times and days, or if you represent a business or for-profit organization, you must purchase underwriting time. Information is available by calling 336-334-7936.
Community Calendar Policy
The following event announcements cannot be produced as PSAs but can be listed in the Community Calendar:
- Free Events
- Benefits for Individuals
- Book Signings/Public Appearances
- Workshops or Classes
Exceptions to these will be considered on a case by case basis.